Thursday, March 3, 2016

September 13,2015


Island life has been insane!!!! It totally has its perks. All the time it rains crazy hard. I was as wet as if i just went swimming all of yesterday. Church was crazy because no one leaves the house when it rains so a lot of our investigators didn’t show but it’s alright.



scriptures to memorize



 Let’s see. One thing I learned is that we go through trials that we can learn and grow through them. We know that the best teacher is experience and that is why we came to Earth right? That we might learn good from evil. The refiner’s fire is an everyday process. We are given trials and forks in the road so we can either strengthen ourselves our weaken ourselves. We have the agency. It’s also so amazing how through daily Atonement we become better everyday. The Plan of Salvation is so key to everything. We are here that we can receive happiness in this life and the next. While we go through hard experiences we also are here that we can receive joy. Life is a thing that we might have joy. How much more sweet is a cheeseburger after we haven’t had nothing but fish for two years. Same concept. When we struggle we grow. Working out is a process of breaking down so that they can grow. The worst thing we can be is content. The only reason people won’t earnestly seek the gospel is because they have enough. Their lives are good they are happy. They have no reason to strive for more because in their lives they have it all. We all like our agency and we don’t like when people tell us how to use it. Or at least that’s the world’s attitude. Living by the higher standard will bring more satisfaction and strength. At the last day when we stand before God we will be able to do so with strength or shame. We all always have the potential to do so with strength through the Atonement. In the scriptures even the greatest repentance stories were not easy. Changing is not easy but like it says in Mosiah ( found in the Book of Mormon) it is essential that we all make the change. We are all born of man automatically but it’s our choice to be born of God. Being born of God is true happiness. The world will offer you just that, the world and unlimited pleasure. But God offers more. Eternal exaltation. It’s our choice to take it up. Amen



 Letter to Kipp: Kiribati is awesome man!! No I haven’t gone fishing yet that’s more of an outer island thing pretty sure!!!! Once I go outer it’ll be sick for sure.




 To Mom: Hi mom it’s your son!!!! I’ve been out here working hard doin what I do!! I totally feel dead on the language it’s hard not speaking freely but its ok its a process. My understanding has gone wayyyy wayy wayy up though for sure. Like i can follow most any conversation and I can hear most the words!!! Which is vast improvement. I had one of the most insane scary experiences of my life this week. ( He tells about neighbors doing black magic on other neighbors.)

 Yes-- we did have thunderstorms. Today we got picked up and rode in the back of the truck getting drenched. IT was awesome! Also if you send flash drives, please send American snacks. We only eat one meal a day and that’s dinner so I’m always starving lolol that’s just the Kiribati way. None of the guys here say it bothers them. But they can also sit cross legged with unnatural ease.

OH!!!! so the ZL (zone leader) here is the actor in the stop bullying Mormon message. The main character brother guy!!!!! hahahhahhahhaah so funny seeing him in real life.


 (To watch the video go to www.mormonchannel.org and look for "Bullying-Stop It")
He is the Elder on the far left.








 To Sam: Not really speaking or understanding ... but I’m learning. IT’s so weird not understanding anything. Yesterday at church I would try to introduce myself to members and they would say something back and I would look so dumb. I either go limp fish or say segiro (means good). Love you buddy. Stay small!! peace out

 (Sam as of today...March 2016 is 6’2 and catching up to Cody in height big time!)






 I miss the family and wish I had taken advantage more. I love you all so much!!! I take comfort in the fact that families are forever so really two years isn’t that long. I’m trying to lose myself in the work because that’s when I’ll really start going. WE have sick investigators. People never ever track but we have just because we whitewashed. (track means going door to door proselyting and whitewash in missionary terms means all the missionaries leave an area and two completely new missionaries come to that area and begin the work again without knowing the area or members or investigators). WE have some super sick people, probably around 8 of them will be baptised as we work with them. Our person that was supposed to get baptised this Saturday ran out of town so that was sad but we don’t know what will happen, I’m sure she will get baptized soon though. a lot of our people have families we are hoping we can get involved so things are looking positive!!! Thanks for being such a good mom, you are truly the best friend I have!! I'm trying to become as Christlike as I can because that’s who I want to be for the rest of my life yanno!! So in two years you will see me still the same but better. Thanks for being the best mom ever is all I love you a lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment