Thursday, September 29, 2016

January 3, 2016 Happy New Year!

HAHAHA THAT'S SO CRAZY about Elder Stone!!! I totally know him I was there when he came in and it was the week elder Miller got a surgery done so we visited him in the hospital when we went 2-3 times!!! It is a small world indeed! I heard he is back and working with one of my intake homies now Elder Kitchens. He's a sweet dude though for real. I had no idea he is Tongan, he is very much white ahahaha.  (A member from Elder Stone’s ward was visiting my ward and we figured they were on the same island with Cody.  Elder Stone had to come back to the states for a cut that got infected.  He had to have a  skin graft on his leg that got ...bad.  They either couldn’t treat it properly and it got bad, the environment is so dirty it wouldn’t heal or..it just got so bad he just had to come back. )


New Year's was fun! More frustrating honestly because everyone goes to parties and no one wanted to take lessons but what are you going to expect. There was a huge party all the missionaries went to in Eita for the Stake... but every time we go to those we get dropped off last way late, mostly bc people don't leave when they are supposed to and we have to catch a ride so we just went to a party with members. It's kinda funny because they bring out these HUGE speakers, put it like 3 inches from our faces and blast music and they did this thing where one person dances and they pass it to the next, and EVERYONE kept giving it back to us which was tiring. It's because at our Christmas party us and the 2 other Elders from Temwaiku danced and like 3 white boys and one Fiji guy. White kids were just doing whatever then Elder Vulavula just starts break dancing going CRAZY insane like that boy can DANCE it was so funny everyone went CRAZY. It was a good time.


It was way sweet yesterday 8 of our people went to church!!! It's so frustrating though when these people are so sick in lessons but no show at church. This one family is sooooo killer. Like so 3 of their kids have already been baptised and we started with the parents and last kid and they just soak in the lessons like in priesthood they taught about the priesthood and he like meekly was like "how do i get it if i haven't been baptised" and in our lesson about temples the dad got so pumped like "we are going to go to church every Sunday and always pray and read so our family can go there" Sweet stuff like that.


Pictures of Figi temple


                     





What else one guy we found out his kid died as a baby so it was a beautiful thing to teach him eternal truths about how he can meet with his family after this life and that his child isn't lost and yada yada yada. it's basically like that with all of our people. One lady we just started was way hardcore in Protestant but now she saw how she needs the gospel with her family so like she's sooo prepared had a sick lesson with her too.


(ok...these first two videos are super good...but I don't know how to get them highlighted...maybe you copy and paste it on the google line?>?)
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2015-06-1020-mormon-temples?lang=eng
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/topics/plan-of-salvation?lang=eng


Indianapolis IN, Louisville, KY, St. Louis, MO, Nashville, TN, Chicago, IL, and Philadelphia, PA temples


                
     


  

           


OH and we found out transfers. I’m staying in Temwaiku AND IM TRAINING AGAIN WHOOT.... I’m excited and I’m not. Like I’m exciting because it's fun training kinda except I was looking forward to not teaching EVERYTHING, but thats whats best for me so I’m excited. His name is Elder Hillard from Utah. He went to one of the sickest outies for 4 days and died, emergency came back in and didn't eat anything but juice and vitamins for a month ahahahahaha I’m way excited though he seems like a sweet guy. I just feel bad I don't feel qualified to teach people how to speak when my own speaking is flawed, even if I can honestly communicate and understand most everything sometimes I still get lost.


But what I can give him is the important stuff, how to work hard how to do the action work of it praying yada yada, I’m not the best speaker or teacher but I hope I can give him and start him on the way that he can know how important the extra mile is or yada yada. Not that I’m good at it but I know that I always strive for it at least.


ALSO VERY IMPORTANT THERE ARE THINGS I NEED CRUCIAL TO MY SUCCESS IN LIFE; CTR wristbands I can give out, like to help people remember to keep  commandments of whatever (someone gave me one and I gave it to one of my kids who is trying to stop smoking and it way helps him remember, he said once he was about to smoke but he saw the wristband, and then he took off his wristband before he smoked but I’m glad he gets the idea hahahaha) a good multi tool with lots of tools, a large knife for just I can carry, a new journal, smallish pictures of the temple I can give out, and I think that's it.
     


AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOTHER EVER!!! AHHHHHH YOU'RE THE BEST MOM EVER I LOVE YOU A LOT THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU EVER DID  YOU ARE MY BEST ROLE MODEL AND FRIEND EVER I LOVE YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I'll have you know I always think about you and what you would be proud of me for doing in almost all situations, it's very helpful in decision making because I know you always would want me to do a little more, or whatever else!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA! But yup same old same old here, work hard and we don't play very much but it's all good it's rewarding work and I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment