Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Best Never Rest October 11, 2015











Hi hey what's up!!!!!! Another week. Time flies by insanely fast. Let's see, big things from this week. I had a huge revelation again how unqualified and imperfect I am in my abilities this week, I just like saw how much I had to learn and it came crashing down at once. It’s honestly so awesome. Like how much I have to improve, but I know if I work hard every second of everyday, with Gods help it can happen. The best never rest. Hard work and integrity is the marker of character. Like the first few weeks I was trying my best to give 100% everything I had, but I realized that you have to give 500% if you want to improve like I want to. There is not a day that goes by I don't die in my bed, but those are the best days!!


So we have another baptism this week! This kids name is Martin, he was crazy kid like when he was 10 he was doing drugs and drinking and robbing stores, but now he's totally changed and super on track. Like he seriously radiates lights, and even before he was baptised he was sharing the gospel a ton at school and got us like 3 new investigators. He's super cool though!
Martin?






So a one thing that happened this week was this Bwai guy (Bwai is a religion in Kiribati. They believe in God and Jesus and Joseph Smith!.... And buddha and mohammed and Moses!!!!) we met said he would listen to us, and then after a few minutes he went off for a half hour about how we were sent by the devil to cause confusion and saying tons of blasphemous stuff. I had no idea what was happening tbh bc I aki bwati taetae ni Kiribati (I'm not good at speaking Kiribati) But that was fun!!!


Conference was awesome!!! I loved how they talked a ton about how the gospel is happiness. It’s so simple and pure, it's so easy, but people take it such for granted. I loved all the talks about moms and women. I thought about you in all of them Mom!! How you are truly an upright women and how much you do and did for me. I am so sorry for any of the pain I caused you in the past, it breaks my heart to think how much better I should have been, because of everything you have done for me. Don't worry though, it's a good motivator on my mission, anytime I want to just stop or think about what to do I think of what you would want me to do and I do it. I figure that would include trying good posture while cross legged... which is way hard honestly everyone is very hunchy. But don't worry anymore, I know who I want to be and what I have to do to be that. Essentially it's just the person you have always taught me to be. I always knew, but life distracted me. So its the parallel of putting yourself last as you turn outward constantly.



The best thing I've been trying to do is keep the sacrament promise and remember Christ always. When you do that you can tailor your thoughts and actions to a higher plane. It is so simple. Keep the commandments. Cling to the iron rod. And happiness now, and eternal jubilance in the life to come is ours. In the world today, I can see how far away the world has grown from what is right. I was very desensitized to it because of how wrapped up everyone is in the ways of the world, you get desensitized to it, its life. But when I take the step back and look through a parent's eyes, our Heavenly Father's eyes, I can’t even imagine how much it hurts him to see people living in a way that hurts them, not in that moment but overtime it turns people into something different. God knows us. He knows who we can become when we turn to him. Its up to us to choose between exemplifying and emitting our own power, on in the power of God through us as we strive to glorify the Father.



The devil is relentless. This is war. But a war isn't one sided. We have to be as relentless in our standards as the world is relentless in tearing us down to less than our potential. Anyways, this morning we were walking to go get bread and I saw this pig and I said I want a picture with that pig so I tried to get a picture with this pig and the pig tried to kill me. Legit when I squatted next to it it knocked me over and it was gross. It’s right next to our house but maybe I'll try again later.


Last night at dinner like everyone just lives with their friends and everyone's families squishes into whoevers house, so this house we ate at was full of college kids, and they sang to us as we at dinner. It was so fun seriously a dinner and a show. 








Also Elder Miller got the scoop that not this next transfer but next I am leaving Bikenibeu 2 and going somewhere else. so like another 7-8 weeks here and then who knows!!! I like it here though. There is soooo much to do. So much work and I wanted to watch our investigators progress anyways. It’s nice to just be told where to go because it doesn't matter where you go because it's exactly where you are supposed to go.
Oh yeah so that was way sick about Elder Openshaw in conference. It was crazy to see his pic in conference. So our neighbors house is super fun! It’s like a house full of straight teenagers, so it's a constant party over there. This one guy we were teaching who had tons of potential is going to New Zealand for 3 months in a few weeks.... not pleased. Did you get the picture that the Kiribati girl tagged you in on facebook? She said she would but idk.




1 comment:

  1. Wow Elder Kennedy it sounds like you are doing great work over there, not just with the people there but within yourself. Fantastic, life changing experiences!!! We pray the Lord continues to bless you and those who you serve and teach!!

    The Ritchie's

    ReplyDelete