Thursday, February 11, 2016

Aug 21, 2015

Yeah I'm great!! The MTC is awesome but I am for sure ready to get out the islands!!! I have a bunch of news!!!!!


So some news: My teacher talked to my mission president and the mission prez said that most of us are getting trained on outer islands!!!!! AHHHHHH THAT MEANS CUT OFF FROM THE WORLD ALMOST COMPLETELY IT'S KINDA AWESOME KINDA SAD!!!! So if you don't hear from me for like 4-6 months that's why.... idk though some outer islands have really expensive computers so I can use those every now and a again!! IT really just depends!! But good news!!! SO apparently i get to call home on September 8 I think!!!! Apparently it's a thing where while at the airport you get to call home?? I had no idea until I got here and everyone was talking about it!!!! so that's exciting!


Also, so lava lavas are allowed in my hut!!! I can't wear them proselyting but I can wear them when I'm chillin at night!! I just get one there though don't worry about sending one!! They make so much cool stuff!!! Like they weave mats and scripture cases and stuff like that all the time!!!!
Ok I'll write one big one now!!!!! It's so crazy how little time I feel like I have to write!!! It's ok though I suppose it keeps me focused!!! I'll for sure be sending home some stuff before I leave MTC like my suit and everything so it'll work out!! (He is referring to the weight limit on the airplanes.  Weight is restricted on the planes landing on the island.) It's been a good week!!! A member of the Seventy always comes and talks so that's super cool!! uhhhhh idk what we have done!!! Like the week just crushes together. I can't even remember what I did when I get in bed to write in my journal at night!!!! The language is really coming along!!! It's so cool too!! Like the awesome thing about it is the meanings of the words. Like you take a word and you break it down to smaller words to mean the meaning. Like Tera nannon is what is the meaning of? but nano is heart so its like saying whats at the heart of *whatever* or kororoi (perfect) which translates to "a well cut stick" so when they cut it super smooth its perfect!!! its just great!!! Im seriously bloating up on this MTC food!!! they try to make you fat I think. I don't remember the last time I was hungry, I kinda miss it!!! Hopefully dad's and kipp's birthdays were awesome!!! Tell dad I said super happy birthday and also to kipp!!!! There gift should come to the MTC any day now and i'll send it out. just wait until I send gifts home from the islands!!!! life is good!!! ITs hard to stay motivated every second but I'm getting on it!!!! I'm so pumped for the island life!!!! What's the name of my teacher?? Sister Seegmiller or sister clark or brother sherman or brother packer. those are the options!! Thats super cool though!! new fajian district got here!! I'm excited to host next week aka watch kids bawl as the leave their families and then show them around the MTC. I feel like I've been here forever!!! but also I feel like I just got here. ITs weird. Its really weird having fall weather and not doing fall things. I love the mountains a tooonn. Like that's the one thing Utah has on Indiana. That and dry heat. I love dry heat too.  I'm working hard to be really converted to Christ!!! there are a ton of Kiribati people in the MTC right now so it's super fun talking to them!!! of course they say things and we have no idea what they are saying but it's a good time!!!

Uhhhh what else! spiritually wise has been good too!!! This is the motto someone told me though that's basically inspiring: When you lose yourself in serving others, that's when you truly find yourself" Boom. So hype. I've been studying a lot about what faith is lately. It's actually an incredible principle. Like the fact of the matter is that if you have enough faith, and its God's will, anything is possible. We were talking about it with this with this guy who used to be a mission president in South America somewhere and he told us insane stories. Miracles  still exist. Like miracles that essentially are impossible. Miracles that can only occur through the power of God. And it all starts with faith, like it says in Alma 32 where it talks about faith is a seed, it starts off small and as you go forward with faith, not knowing really what's ahead or reasons why, that's when the blessings come. It's weird to think that someday we will all have to stand before God and be judged of our works. Kinda super intimidating really. But it's a huge motivator to imagine standing before him at that day, confident that you did the things he wanted you to do. It's becoming really clear to me the best way to be happy is by following God's desires. He wants us to be that good person because that's when we find true unmarred happiness I think. I can't wait to let people know that that happiness is available if they want it in their lives. The thought that I can be the very first step in allowing someone to develop that relationship and show them the way to feel God's true love. I'm sure I'm forgetting things to say so much happens yet it's all the same. Life is good!!! I have no idea what to do after mission either. Like I keep hearing or thinking IU and BYU one way or the other. both have pros and cons. big pro IU is I can come visit a lot so that would be sweet. that's later on though I'm not too worried. One of my teachers is from Indiana so thats cool!!! Well I gotta bounce!!! Love and miss you all!!! Team K 4ever!!!! Stay awesome mom I love you you're the best momma ever!!!

I look at these mountains everyday. The pictures do not do it justice!


No comments:

Post a Comment