Thursday, February 11, 2016

Reporting to the Mission Training Center MTC

Fortunately, for Cody he has two uncles living in Utah to help drive him to Missionary Training Center in Provo.




First Uncle Buddy picked him up from the airport in Salt Lake City and then met Uncle Mike.

Here's one quick stop to see cousin Kailee at work.


                                                     Here are the other Kennedy cousins:
                                        Joe, Johnny, May, Cody, Uncle Mike, Lily and Josh

Ella and I went to West Virginia to go  white water rafting with our church Young Women's group that weekend.  As I tried to go to sleep with a neighboring campsite bachelor party going on I finally gave up and checked my phone for something!!!! To my surprise I got a letter from Cody!!!!!!

I thought I wouldn't hear from him until Monday since that is a typical preparation day for missionaries.  I guess there are so many missionaries coming in that the preparation day is scheduled throughout the week.  I don't know.
What I do know is my boy wrote me!!!!!!!!!


Here is Elder Kennedy in front of the Provo Temple with his new companions all going to the Marshall Island Majuro Mission.

HI MOM ITS YO BOY HOWS IT GOING!!! It's my first P-Day (They are on Friday's) today and even though I've only been here for like 2 days it feels like I have been here forever. When I first got dropped off everyone here is almost unrealistically nice. Like if I didn't know any better everyone seems to be so happy and friendly I would think they were faking it. Its super awesome. So basically I realized quickly I have the ultimately best mission ever. The guys I'm with are all super top notch like spiritually and just fun guys. My companion's name is Elder Perry and he is great! He is super nice and super like he has the I'm a missionary attitude kinda. He is from Idaho I'll probably attach some images. So I have 3 other bunk mates and they are all awesome too they are just fun guys. Everyone is super dedicated and genuine in my group like we don't mess around... but we still have fun!  THE LANGUAGE IS SO AWESOME LIKE it's seriously the coolest sounding thing ever. I can almost say a whole prayer and bear my testimony. We are teaching our first lesson in Kiribati in a few hours wish us luck! Also I decided if i was going to be reincarnated I would want to be a polynesian. (CARA"s NOTE: just to clarify...we don't believe in reincarnation!) There are a ton of them going to Samoa and they are in our zone. Seriously they are so funny are loud and just great. Plus they are all like huge football player size like... HUGE. They are a ton of fun to hang out with though for sure! I'm seriously so lucky to be going to a place where people just feel things with their heart instead of their minds. The gospel reminds us of things we already knew in the preexistence so because they really feel I think they are more receptive to the gospel. We went to the temple today and it was awesome. Really reminded me that we are all brothers and sisters and God is our Father. The gospel is true and i can't wait to get out there and share the message of everlasting joy with the people of the Kiribati islands. It really can change lives for the better. Everyone is saying missionaries are generally close to fluent like 2 months after being in the field.... I can't wait to be able to speak it like it's seriously the best language my ears have ever heard.  WELL I love and miss you all. Especially you and dad and the kids. It'll be hard being away from you all for so long but I that it is worth it to share this message that we can return to live with God again and feel his love. It's so hype. Alright I'll send some pics if i can figure out how to get it downloaded.... wish me luck. Fortunately I'm not going to have to deal with computers ever again after this hahaha ok i tried to find it but I can't find the SD card slot so I guess you will have to wait another week to see me face via pics. I still look good. You know how I do.  ALRIGHT I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL THE GOSPEL IS TRUE AND THE FULL AND RESTORED  GOSPEL HAS BEEN RETURNED TO THE EARTH HOLLER BALLER PEACE OUT SWAG  OK SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY HOMIES

August 7, 2015

HEY MOMMA HOWDY HOW'S IT GOING!!! I'M ALIVE AND WELL AS AN OX!!!! For real though it's super ultra great here. The Spirit is so strong and all that jazz. The language is actually sort of intimidating... Like a whole new language is insane. The teacher almost never speaks English so it is tricky but I really am increasing my abilities because I can say and understand more every single day. The guys I'm with are all super fun and great. I have the ultimate mission in the world no joke. The more I find out the more excited I get. My companion already got a heads up he is getting trained on an outer island aka SUPER DUPER AWESOME SURVIVAL SKILLS YEAH so maybe I'll get lucky too! It's interesting with my companion he's a super nice guy and I like him just fine.. It's actually a great start as I try to develop charity to see people like God sees them. He is super great though and I like him! OK BEFORE I FORGET THIS IS IMPORTANT I NEED SOME STUFF KINDA!! I can have my go pro on the mission I saw a girl with one so I think that would be prime for pictures! also send me snacks please so I can snack sometimes because I get hungry. there was some other stuff I need...... can't remember now dang I'll just write them down for next week. But yeah life is good! I really miss our family it's hard missing on so much of your guys' life... I know it's worth it though. I'm on the Lord's errand. Its super awesome I think the mission will really make me the person I want to be, To be truly converted unto Christ. When you are converted your actions and desires change and that's what I strive for. It's hard work though I will admit. Like I always knew it would be but after sitting in a classroom for 12 hours for a week.... I'm lucky to have such a solid district. We have the ultimate district in the ultimate zone in the ultimate mission. Our zone here is made up of like all the pacific islands so like tonga Samoa Fiji all the above! I'm flying to Fiji than to the ISLANDS ALSO IMPORTANT INFO. SO IDK IF THIS IS REAL OR NOT BUT POTENTIALLY ON THE 11TH OF JULY I COME HOME AND NOT THE 29TH? It just says that on a card idk if its real. We are thinking that because of the way transfers work out maybe we will have to come home early.... I'm not sure I'll want to come home two weeks early I probably won't... it's just possible that's the way it will work out idk if its real or not but just with flights and transfers. It's just a rumor on the rumor mill. For the mass email you can just pick out parts of this email and send it out if you want! I honestly don't have time to write another email if i do I will though! For everyone if you just pick out parts that are not just me and you then that's fine. OH YEAH SO THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WILL LIKE apparently there is a facebook page for moms with sons in the kiribati islands I'm sure you would love to find it. A lot of my friends moms chat and I'm sure you would like that. ok i have to go switch landry reaally fast brb















 






















No comments:

Post a Comment