Thursday, February 11, 2016

August 28, 2015

It's been a great week!!! My love for the gospel grows everyday for sure. I really am starting to understand the Spirit and its direction more in my own life. So we sing for each district when they leave and it's so crazy! Like we sing a song in each language and the tongan song is incredibly powerful it seriously is insane how awesome it is. I will record it and send it when we leave:) Then that night before we went to bed the whole zone did the haka (the island crazy dance thing) AND WOW it was also so powerful like it is a battle cry but it is a battle cry for good. A battle cry to stay strong to who you are. A battle cry to fight for what you believe in. IT was so awesome though hahahaha One super awesome principle that popped up is the 3 stages of happiness. There is pleasure, which we get from sin, there is happiness, which we can have without the gospel and live happily, and then there is joy. Joy is a fruit of the spirit and that is the only way we can feel true pure joy is through the Holy Ghost. I have been feeling joy a lot as I dive into the gospel, I can't imagine ever being without pure unfettered joy again. The gospel is so simple and pure. The Book of Mormon brings those pure simple doctrines that were changed when Jesus and the Apostles were killed to light, showing us joy. I think it's so awesome how the gospel is meant to build on faith that people already have. We don't strive to take away any faith someone may have, only to build, and to act as messengers and instruments for the Spirit to testify of truth with. It's comforting to be able to rely on the Spirit, because through my inadequacy if i am able to testify with the Spirit people will be able to feel truth. Everyone has heard the plan of salvation before in the pre-existence!!! We all accepted it and that's why we are here today!!! The Spirit just reminds us of what we once knew and testifies of its truthfulness. The biggest enemy to faith is pride. To think that you are right and there is no other way. I think that's a big part of why people don't accept the gospel as much in America, because everyone relies on themselves first, before they turn to God only when they are beaten down and broken. And after they get back on their feet, like Laman and Lemuel they forget the mercy and love God has for them. We show our faith through our actions. I know that this church is true and that the if we humbly go before God and ask, he will let us know of the truthfulness. I love how in the gospel we are supposed to question things in faith. Jesus taught through asking questions. He did this because people learn better when they think for themselves, rather someone just tells them something. That's why we are on the earth! To be able to experience life so we can truly know good from evil. God will buffer us up as we turn to him. The promise is that as you rely on Him and put Him first, you will be blessed!!!!



Ok well my companion is rushing me off!!!! I'm going to go eat lunch and ball and nap:) LOVE YOU MOM. THE CHURCH IS TRUE TELL EVERYONE I LOVE THEM! GOODBYE:)



Hey just hopped back on to let you know our flight plans!!! WE are leaving september 8th at 1:55 so i will probably call 3-4ish i bet! So we leave Salt lake city UT at 6:55 get to LAX 8ish, then we are flying from LAX to fiji at 11:30 and arriving in fiji 5:50 on September 10th! (international dateline change) then from Fiji to Tarawa I'll get to Tarawa 11ish! From there we get our assignment and depending if I go to an outer island then I'll email one last time pretty sure! idk we will see how it goes!!! Love you guys!!!! OH! also If you want to send 2-3 more short sleeve shirts you can and a few non silk ties, just in case that would be awesome!!! uhhhhhhhhh I think that's all I have!!!! love you guys hope you guys are partying hard!!!!


                                                                     Surprise surprise!!!



Elder Kennedy with Elder Maas from Newburgh ward serving in CA


Elder Kennedy with our very own Sister Cheven Congar!!!!!!! serving in CO

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I am Elder Johnson's dad. I just stumbled onto your blog. My son and yours served together over the holidays. Jeff just sent us a ton of pictures and videos of them when they were serving together. Let me know if you would like me to try and get you some copies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some on our son's blog: elderjeffjohnson.blogspot.com. We are going to be posting more soon. But we can burn a cd and Mail the others of Elder Kennedy if you like.

    ReplyDelete